Criteria for Opening a Varasano's
As you have expectations of us, we have just a few of you:
- Type of Person / Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of casual dining or quick casual industry experience
- Demonstrable passion for great food
- Business ownership and employee management experience
- Real estate experience in the market area to be developed
- Financial requirements -
- The cost of opening a Varasano’s is $450,000 - $700,000 depending on the size and location. Our preference is to work with Franchisees who have the capacity to open 3-5 units within 3 years.
- Net worth of $1 million+
- Liquid assets of $400,000
Real Estate Requirements
Our Philosophy on real estate is to build in high traffic areas. Even if the rent is a bit more, marketing expenses are less. Given the economics of a restaurant (high fixed costs but good margins), even a slight increase in traffic can pay for a much higher rent. We want to be an Easy Yes for customers - great food, served fast and right along their way. What’s not to love?
- Trade Area Criteria
- Daytime employee population greater than 8,000 within a 3 minute drive time and greater than 20,000 within a 5 minute drive time
- Residential population greater than 25,000 within the defined trade area
- Median income greater than $50,000
- Traffic count in front of the location greater than 25,000 vehicles per day
- Where We Build 'Em!
- City & urban settings
- We love retail areas
- Malls & Airports are great!
- Tourist Areas - Tourists eat at all hours of the day creating a steady flow that’s easier to manage than a few business-day-driven peaks. Also, given our reputation, it’s easy to sell tourists on trying one of the best pizzas in the country as a new experience.
- Site Criteria
- Pads or out-parcels
- Freestanding or end caps with drive-thru
- Easy access for both ingress and egress with signalized access preferred
- Ample parking
- 2,000-3,600 square feet with a minimum of 20’ of frontage
- Maximum signage per local codes, including building and monument/pylon signage
- Outdoor seating a plus
- Lease Terms
- 5 year base term with three 5 year options
- No percentage rent or radius restrictions preferred
- Shell Condition and Tenant Improvements
- 600 amp, 120/208 or 120/240 volt, 3-phase, 4 wire electrical service stubbed to a main distribution panel in the premises and furnished with meter, circuit breakers, and disconnect as required by code
- 1 ton per 150 square feet of HVAC
- 1 ¼” water line rated at a minimum of 45 psi and 4” sewer line stubbed to the rear of the premises
- Gas service, if available
- 2 ADA restrooms
- Minimum 10’ ceiling with 13’+ preferred.
- All service tap fees, impact fees, meter fees, and development feed paid by the landlord
- Include the information below when submitting a site for consideration.
- Your name
- Address or intersection of the site
- Brief description of the site
Next Page ->
This is not intended as an offer to sell a franchise or the solicitation of an offer to buy a franchise. When we’re ready to begin offering franchises, we will do so by means of our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD), which will contain detailed information about the franchise agreement and about us. The FDD is required by federal law. In addition, certain states have laws governing the offer and sale of franchises – if you reside in one of these states, we may have an obligation to register our franchise offering, to provide you with specified information, and/or to meet other conditions before offering you a franchise. We will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have satisfied applicable legal requirements in your state.